Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loofa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Actually, I think the title of this post covers it. I've been told they cannot, but I'm hoping that someone will know better.

loofa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
thanks! that site looks full of good info. Hopefully it's looks will reflect it's inner reality.

Mitou

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
you can do it by inserting a "insert drop menu here" line in your page then publish and post edit the html. find the line and replace it with your drop menu code. Use massReplace it to do it and you can edit a bunch of pages at one time. but be aware that you will need to redo it for the pages that you edit everytime that you update.

Carole Hayes

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2008
Looks possible, but not straight forward. Check this article (bullet 9) for some details.

I LOVE that site, but the menu created by bullet 9 on that page is a pull-down menu, and I'm looking for a drop-down menu that will appear when I mouse over a link....

I've been searching for days now, and I really was hoping to avoid having to do the whole "code by hand and replace those parts every time I publish" thing....

Mitou

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
I LOVE that site, but the menu created by bullet 9 on that page is a pull-down menu, and I'm looking for a drop-down menu that will appear when I mouse over a link....

I've been searching for days now, and I really was hoping to avoid having to do the whole "code by hand and replace those parts every time I publish" thing....
here is a dropdown menu in iweb. the site is in French but you can use what I said earlier in this post with the code on this page

valanubis

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
page not online anymore!

Hey! I need exactely about what you're speaking in this topic, but the page that you gove is not on-line anymore.. :(
Do someone has another link for this page or an another exemple?!
Thanks!

xroox

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
Hi

Hi me too, also interested and noticed the page is no longer active. Thanks

gettleshtetl

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2008
Is there an easier way?

Thank you for this useful description. But for the novice web page creator, is their a "drag and drop" way to add drop down menus? It doesn't sound like it.

katkayla

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2011
Tear down and drop down menus

Thank you for allowing me to not have to change to Wordpress or any of the millions of other web development pages. The drop down menu was the one thing I still needed to be able to do on IWeb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.